BrisDoc now has its own EMIS platform for clinicians to use when working in the Severnside IUC Service. From now, you need to use:
- 138531 as the organisation code when you open EMIS (previously we used 28670, which is inactive from 15th May 2020)
- Your new username. This will be xxxxx_BD (where xxxxx is the same as your current Adastra username).
- Your default password, which is: EMIS2020
- You will be asked to personalise this when you login for the first time, and to provide your mobile number and the answer to a personal question to enable you to reset your password if needed in future.
Please see further information about how to login and search for patients on EMIS, and accessing Connecting Care. Please also see the training video for using EMIS in IUC (noting the updated information about the organisation code).
One of the main benefits of the new platform, is that clinicians will be able to see Connecting Care. This is the data sharing platform used by primary care, acute hospital trusts and Sirona. The benefits include:
- Being able to see if a patient has presented to hospital, if you are unable to contact them from IUC.
- Easy access to the Charlson comorbidity score
- Easily visible safeguarding alerts, and EOL plans
- Some hospital discharge information is available when it may not be available in EMIS (eg: ReSPECT forms from NBT)
- Details of scheduled future hospital outpatient appointments
Connecting Care is accessed via the link within EMIS, visible half way down the menu bar on the left side of the EMIS screen.
A further guide to accessing connecting care is available at: http://nww.connectingcare.swcsu.nhs.uk/training.aspx and quick reference guides on how to use the system
Expiry Date: Never
Review Date: 06.05.2022
Owner: Anne Whitehouse