All of the SevernSide Treatment centres now have a small stock of blood glucose monitors which can be issued to patients.
Please note that patients should initially be advised to purchase a replacement over the counter at a pharmacy (they cost approximately £25).
If this is not possible, and it is deemed clinically unsafe for the patient to wait until their own GP opens to obtain a new meter, you can issue a replacement from the Severnside stock.
To issue a new glucose meter to a patient from IUC:
- Issue an FP10 for the following items at the same time:
- GlucoMen Areo Sensors (50) (pip code: 386-7405)
- Glucoject Lancets Plus (200) (pip code: 385-1755)
Cashing this prescription at the pharmacy will allow the patient to use the meter, and ensure that the provider of the meters is reimbursed.
- Obtain the meter from the stock cupboard in the Treatment Centre and give it to the patient. The meters are in new boxes, and are unused.
- Please let the shift manager know that you have issued a meter, so that stocks are replenished.
Review Date: September 2020
Search terms: BM machines, BG monitor, glucose meters