The process for cleaning Covid19 rooms after a consultation has now changed to reflect national guidance. We will no longer use Clinnell wipes and we will now need to mop the floor after every consultation.
There will be 2 bottles of hyperchlorate solution available in each room along with disposable wipes and a mop and bucket. Once we have used the floor cleaning solution there is no need to dispose of it, it can remain in the bucket with the mop until the end of the shift
The change in this process will start on Monday 2nd November.
The instructions below are taken from the attached SOP, as is a short instructional video for ops staff that is useful to familiarise ourselves with.
The consulting clinician wearing the recommended PPE for the consultation will undertake the cleaning /disinfection of the covid room.
The clinician will:
- Dampen a disposable cloth with sufficient cleaning solution.
- Wipe down all contaminated surfaces with disposable cloth
- Leave surfaces clean and moist but not wet.
- Empty the whole of the second bottle of cleaning solution into the mop bucket
- Wring the mop out and mop the floor where the patient has been in the room.
- Leave floor clean and moist but not wet
- Allow to air dry.
- Place bucket with solution and mop back in corner of the room with appropriate signage
- Put wet floor signage on display in the room
- Discard all disposable cloths in clinical waste bag
- Take off PPE and dispose of in clinical waste bag
If you have any queries, please discuss with the Ops staff on shift or alternatively you may contact myself at email@example.com.